Wednesday, January 9, 2008

“Tell me, mirror, tell me true!

Hope all is well with my blogging friends. I haven't written many post lately but have lurked around some keeping track of everyones progress. Now that the holidays are over my plan is to stay on track and continue on with my exercise. My weight has remained the same but I really want to get this last 10lbs off of me. My body isn't cooperating with me though but hopefully with perservance it will all come to pass. I found this cute poem and thought I could definitely relate to it and perhaps you all can too so thought I would share it. Hope all is well with each of you. :)

Mirror Mirror

Mirror mirror on the wall do you have to tell it all?
Where do you get the glaring light to make my clothes look just too tight?

I think I'm fine but I can see you won't cooperate with me.
The way you let the shadows play you'd think my hair was turning grey.
What's that you say, a double chin?
No that's the way the light comes in.

If you persist in peering so you'll confiscate my facial glow.
And then if you're not hanging straight you'll tell me next I'm gaining weight.
I'm really quite upset with you for giving this distorted view.

I hate you being so smug and wise.
Oh look what's happened to my thighs!
I warn you now oh mirrored wall since we're not on speaking terms at all
If I look like this in my new jeans you'll find yourself in smitherines!

6 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

That's just the truth- It's so hard to really know what we look like!

Unknown said...

That is all too true. Sometimes I wonder if my perception of my body is completely off??? Well I wonder that until I put on my jeans and realize I can't breathe - HA!

Don't sweat that 10 pounds....the holidays are over, you're back on plan and considering all you have done - 10 pounds is nothing!! You are an amazing woman and such an inspiration to me. Your comments always make me smile and reading your posts reminds me that there are still amazing women in this world!

Hugs to you and thank you for being a true friend!

HappyBlogChick said...

That post is true!

Sadly, I don't even need the mirror to know that my clothes don't fit. When you can't get it buttoned, it's a BAD sign. :-(

HappyBlogChick said...

Er, I meant POEM is true. My fingers aren't in tune to my brain today.

Chubby Chick said...

That was funny. Thanks for sharing! lol

And good luck with the last 10 pounds. I know you can do it! :)

Diana Swallow said...

YAY!! Jan is blogging again!!

I love your poem. I know when I look in the mirror my perception is way off...then I see a photo and crash back to reality LOL.

Congrats on maintaining, those 10 pounds will go away soon!!

HUGS!!