Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's been a good week.........

I had a good week staying OP and working out 6 days out of 7 so I feel confident in my ablity to continue on with my new exercise program. I've done a lot of reading about the Body For Life program and this is what I've been working on. I've discovered something about myself that shocks me the fact that I really do enjoy working out. I never thought I'd hear myself say that so it just goes to show me I am looking at this healthy lifestyle in a more positive way.

This is the program I've been following:

*Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with cardio exercise three times per week. Make sure to hit your "high points" during your workout.

Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body.
Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.

Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.

For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience.*

So far this seems to be working well for me so hopefully my stamina and desire will stay strong.
I hope everyone has a fantastic week. I would like to leave you with a quote for the week.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Great post, and great quote! I'm glad you are doing so well! :)

Diana Swallow said...

Thanks for outlining your strength training, I'm still new to it and I find this very helpful!

I'm so glad you are doing great!

Unknown said...

You are doing fantastic.........WOW!! I am sooooo proud of you! You are a true testimony of how we can accomplish anything we set our mind to........you are unstoppable and somehow always stay positive and inspiring even during the rough patches!!! I so love reading your blog and knowing that I have you in my corner!!

Thanks and HUGS!

The Price's Wife said...

Wow, just wow. Sounds like you are working hard!

Roni said...

Great post!

I can also honestly say I enjoy it too. Not sure why the first 30 years of my life I loathed it so. Keep doing what your doing!!!

Sarah in AZ said...

Keep it up woman! That's awesome, and I know exactly what you mean about the exercise...but you have to keep it up. If you get out of it for too long the distaste for it tends to come back.